My name is Emy Hayes and I go to Drake University. I am a junior there studying advertising and marketing. I am originally from the suburbs of Chicago and I always say 25 mins away without traffic but with traffic about a hour.
On campus Activities
- Social Sorority – Delta Gamma (Alpha Lambda)
- I am VP Programming in my sorority which means my role is to plan fun events for the entire chapter of over 100 members.
- Drake Broadcasting System – General Member
- DBS encourages student projects within broadcasting like podcasts, film, photography, ect.
- SAB – Bands Chair (2021-2022 School Year)
- I was in this organization last year and planned the entire Relays Concert which is one of the biggest events on campus during the annual Drake Relays.
- Lombard Park District – Camp Counslor
- This was my first job ever at fifteen. I engaged with children, parents, and co-workers to complete tasks efficiently and safely while also organizing activities, ensured child safety, offered emotional support, implemented rules. I also took personal responsibility when taking care of 10-12 kids between the ages of 5-12
- Babcock’s Grove House – Hostess / Server
- Some of my responsibilities include: Interacting with customers daily and provided the best dining experience, successfully resolving conflict resulting in customer satisfaction 100% of the time, multitasking with other co-workers in collaborative situations, and taking a leadership role when managing the restaurant
- Drake Recreation – Marketing Office Assistant
- The on campus job includes designing all flyers and posters that are hung in all athletic facilities by using InDesign and Canvas, managing all social media accounts including Instagram, Tik Tok, and Twitter, producing unique designs and updated content for all T.V screens and collaborating with co-workers to create the most aesthetically pleasing marketing materials
- AHA! Marketing – Intern
- The summer of 2022 I was an Intern at AHA Marketing. With this internship I managed client data, recruiting new clients and made calls to push free samples. Along with that, I completed some design work like flyers and photos of products that we were representing.
Other Hobbies and Interests
- Outdoor Activites
- I love the outdoors. In the summer I go on lots of hikes and swim. In the winter I snowboard and I try to go to different ski resorts every winter. I am down for anything outdoors.
- I am a sucker for live music. I can go to a $400 festival or a $10 show and both are a great time. My goal with my degree is actually to advertise/market a band, artist or entire music festival
- Friends and Family
- Obviously spending time with the people that I love is one of my greatest joys. Whether that be family parties or chilling around the fire with friends, you can’t go wrong with the best people by your side.